The people themselves begin to understand and to clamor for an education which shall qualify their children for life rather than for earning a living. As a matter of fact, it is the man who has read and thought on many subjects who is, with the necessary training, the most capable whether in handling tools, drawing plans, or keeping books. The more a person we succeed in making a child, the better will he both fulfill his own life and serve society.
- Charlotte Mason
Ambleside Schools International exists to serve and equip a global community of students and parents, teachers and schools; seeking to provide what British educator Charlotte Mason (1842-1923) called a “living education.” A living education empowers students to author lives that are full and free, rich in relationship to God, self, others, ideas, work, and creation. It puts a primacy on formation and not mere information, providing the tools needed to live well in all aspects of life, spiritual and intellectual, personal and professional, present and future.
In pursuit of this mission, Ambleside Schools International:
- Articulates the virtues of an Ambleside/Charlotte Mason education.
- Provides member schools with teacher and leadership training, curriculum and instructional resources.
- Offers training, consultation and curriculum support to homeschool parents.
- Supports the founding of Ambleside schools.
- Promotes friendship, collaboration, and professional exchange among the Ambleside community.
- Develops accreditation standards for Ambleside schools.
- Dialogs with other education renewal movements.
- Ensures that Ambleside schools are accessible to the socially and economically marginalized.
Ambleside Schools International is a 501c(3) non-profit corporation. Ambleside Schools International does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in any of its policies or programs.