As a stream can rise no higher than its source, so it is probable that no educational effort can rise above the whole scheme of thought which gives it birth; and perhaps this is the reason of all the fallings from us, vanishings, failures, and disappointments which mark our educational records.
- Charlotte Mason
Ambleside Schools International supports educational renewal based on the philosophy of Charlotte Mason. To support a renewal congruent with Mason’s approach, ASI:
- articulates the characteristics of education based on Mason’s thought and practice.
- mentors and coaches teachers, administrators, and leaders.
- offers resources and training to homeschool parents.
- provides on-site training to schools using the Ambleside Method.
- supports the founding of international Ambleside schools.
- promotes friendship, collaboration, and professional exchange in the Ambleside schools community.
- encourages Ambleside homeschool educators.
- develops accreditation standards for Ambleside schools and teachers.
- dialogues with other education renewal movements.
- ensures that Ambleside schools are accessible to the socially and economically marginalized.
Ambleside Schools International is a 501c(3) non-profit corporation. Ambleside Schools International does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in any of its policies or programs.