SUMMARY: The Executive Director/Principal is responsible for the overall leadership, supervision, administration, and implementation of the policies, procedures and programs of Rocky Mountain Christian Academy (RMCA). He or she will report to the school board. In addition to being academically qualified, the Executive Director/Principal should be able to articulate and demonstrate a passion for classical Christian education, the Charlotte Mason’s method of education, and the mission of the school. He or she will oversee the management and organization of all faculty and staff, the academic program, curriculum, school culture, student discipline, the management of facilities and budget, public relations, marketing, fundraising, recruitment and development.
RMCA Leadership. The Executive Director/Principal is charged by the RMCA Board of Directors to:
- Lead all aspects of RMCA operations
- Recruit, develop, evaluate and retain quality faculty and staff
- Serve as the spokesperson for RMCA to parents, churches, and the community
- Promote RMCA in the community and develop/oversee fundraising programs
- Oversee marketing and community engagement.
- Partner with the School Board using the Aligned Influence Governance Model
- Operate with a tactical plan that addresses development of enrollment, resources, and operational goals
- Develop and implement future strategic plans.
Spiritual Leadership. The Executive Director/Principal is responsible to the School Board for both personal testimony to and good spiritual leadership of the RMCA staff. As such, he or she shall:
- Have accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior
- Seek to maintain unity of the Spirit within the RMCA community
- Promote the spiritual growth of the faculty, staff, and students
- Be a daily example of Christian virtue serving as a Christian role model.
- Be an active member in good standing with a local church whose fundamental beliefs are in agreement with the RMCA Statement of Faith
- Agree without reservation to the RMCA Statement of Faith
Academic Programs and Standards. The Executive Director/Principal is charged with attaining and maintaining the academic excellence of RMCA according to the classical Christian model. In directing the academic program the Executive Director/Principal will:
- Promote a Christian worldview in all aspects of RMCA, particularly throughout curriculum and student life
- Maintain accreditation of RMCA with ACSI or similar accrediting body
- Continue the partnership with Ambleside School International and the consistent application of the Charlotte Mason/Ambleside Method.
- Oversee the implementation of curriculum at all grade levels in the school
- Evaluate and seek to continually upgrade the quality and content of the academic program
Management of Personnel. The Executive Director/Principal is responsible for the attraction, development, and retention of all personnel employed by RMCA. The Executive Director/Principal is expected to:
- Oversee the evaluation, mentoring and motivation of faculty and staff
- Determining and meeting faculty needs
- Establishing and maintaining personnel standards and policies
- Ensuring adherence by faculty and staff to all standards and policies, including enforcement of disciplinary action and dismissal, if appropriate
Recruiting and Admissions. The Executive Director/Principal is responsible for overseeing all recruiting and admissions activities. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the Admissions Director
- Oversee the development of comprehensive enrollment data and projections
- Ensure the development and implementation of and compliance with appropriate admission policies and procedures
Financial Responsibility. The Executive Director/Principal is responsible for the financial management of the school. The Executive Director/Principal shall:
- Develop and manage expenses in accordance with the annual budget
- Plan for significant capital expenditures in support of the strategic imperatives.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit donations
- Ensure appropriate financial policies and procedures are in place and followed
- Support, as needed, periodic audits by an independent CPA firm.
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum qualifications for the position of Executive Director/Principal at RMCA:
- The Executive Director/Principal must have a thorough understanding and commitment to the classical model of education.
- The Executive Director/Principal must have experience with leadership and/or management
- The Executive Director/Principal must have a master’s degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications: The following qualifications are desired but not required for applying for the position of Executive Director/Principal at RMCA:
- Experience and training in the classical model of education
- Experience in the classroom
- Experience as an Executive Director/Principal of a classical school
- Master’s degree or higher in education or relevant academic area
Traits and Characteristics:
- The Executive Director/Principal must demonstrate a fervent Christian faith by a character that is above reproach and by a clear, personal relationship with Christ.
- The Executive Director/Principal must also possess a thoroughly Christian worldview.
- The Executive Director/Principal must exemplify personal dedication to being a lifelong learner.
- The Executive Director/Principal must demonstrate a love of students and a passion to help others develop academically and spiritually.