Adult example has a profound effect on the formation of the hearts of children. Thus, Ambleside teachers, staff, and board members are expected to maintain a standard of personal conduct consistent with the teachings of Jesus on virtue and the relational life. All are expected to:
- demonstrate consistent care for persons, treating all with kindness, respect, and generosity; never engaging in any behavior (including verbal) which would damage, disrespect, or demean another person, whether child or adult.
- diligently fulfill all tasks related to one’s responsibilities, maintaining a high quality of work, honesty, and integrity.
- be careful and gracious in speech, avoiding any profane speech and never making a public statement (in any medium, including e-mail) regarding the school or any member of the Ambleside community which can be considered injurious to the reputation of another person or the school.
- avoid all illegal activities including illegal drug use, theft, vandalism, and fraudulent activity.
- avoid activities destructive to relationships such as outbursts of rage, violence, stealing, lying, or cheating.
- be moderate and appropriate in the consumption of alcohol, avoiding drunkenness and never giving alcohol or tobacco products to a minor.
- protect the dignity of human sexuality and the virtue of chastity by:
- avoiding all forms of lewd speech, including base jokes, sexual innuendo, and inappropriate sexually explicit talk.
- never viewing, possessing, distributing, or fostering the use of pornographic material, including but not limited to print, video and audio.
- never advocating or participating in immoral sexual activity (defined as any form of touching or nudity for the purpose of sexual arousal apart from the context of marriage between one man and one woman).
- never engaging in any physical contact or verbal expression with another person (adult or child) which could be interpreted as being an inappropriate display of affection and thus emotionally abusive, confusing, or scandalous.
Failure on the part of any Ambleside teacher or staff member, ASI employee, or board member to maintain the Ambleside Code of Personal Conduct is grounds for dismissal. Failure on the part of any ASI member school to require its board members, faculty, and staff to adhere to the Ambleside of Code of Personal Conduct is grounds for revoking the right of membership with ASI and loss of all rights and privileges associated with membership with ASI.