We are currently hiring a Full Time Upper Grades Classroom Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. This person will teach 7th and/or 8th grade in the coming academic year, with a view to develop into a high school humanities teacher. This position carries with it the possibility to develop into a leadership role in the school.
At Ambleside, our educators are:
- committed to helping families flourish
- passionate about helping children grow academically, spiritually, and in character
- collaborates to foster a community with excellent academics, healthy God-honoring relationships, and an atmosphere of joy, peace, and respect, and, ultimately, a workplace full of purpose, hard work, and enjoyment
- maintains an active, personal faith in Jesus Christ
- desires to live out their faith and disciple students to do so as well
- loves reading great books
- enjoys nature, art, music, and many other subjects
- delights in introducing the good, true, and beautiful
- humbly receives feedback and is a lifelong learner
At Ambleside, we believe that the best way to help families flourish is to implement the method and philosophy of Charlotte Mason in the classroom. Thus, Ambleside teachers willingly submit to Charlotte Mason's educational philosophy and become her students. They eagerly seek to increase their own knowledge and expertise by reading, discussing, practicing, and attending educational training so that they might become better teachers and excel in their vocation.
Ambleside teachers embody our commitment: Everything with excellence. Always with humility. Centered on Christ.
If you have an active, daily commitment to Jesus Christ and share His heart for children, if you have a love for learning and reading, if you have experience with helping children grow, and a developing passion for the Ambleside philosophy, we would love to hear from you.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience teaching junior high or high school
- A major in an academic subject from a liberal arts or sciences program
- Leadership experience in an academic or ministry setting