Spiritually mature in Christ, psychologically strong, service and others-oriented, teachable, loving towards all persons (children, teachers, parents), joyful, peaceful in and under authority, inspirational in leadership, growth-oriented, administratively excellent, patient, hungry to know and share knowledge/ideas, intelligent, thorough, punctual, flexible, collegial, articulate, and enthusiastic
- Implementing and overseeing an entire school program that conforms to the policy and budgetary guidelines established by the School Board and is carried out in a manner consistent with the Ambleside® ethos.
- Being mentored in Ambleside® school leadership through regular contact with ASI, attentive participation in Principals’ conference calls and retreats, collaborating in the ongoing movement of Ambleside Schools International by hosting training events, contributing to the broader work when reasonable, helpful and appropriate.
- Promoting and inspiring a community of existing and potential parents, teachers, students founded upon the Ambleside® educational vision, leading by informed, enthusiastic and genuine example in word and deed.
- Developing teachers in the philosophy and practice of an Ambleside® education through regular observation and feedback, mentoring, modeling, training, and evaluation; ensuring teachers faithfully follow ASI curriculum and uphold standards for life-giving atmosphere, habit training, lessons and student work; recognizing teacher contributions, making suggestions for growth, identifying areas of critical concern, and/or firing teachers as necessary.
- Supporting teacher’s professional growth as they seek academic and relational growth in their students. At times, supporting students directly when warranted by a significant degree of student and/or teacher weakness.
- Bachelor’s degree, (Master’s preferred)
- Introductory knowledge of Charlotte Mason’s educational philosophy from the following essays: “Three Instruments of Education” and “Children as ‘Persons’”
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer literacy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Participation in ASI’s principal training and mentoring program (provided by school, travel required)
- CPR and first aid certification (provided by school)
- Free and clear results on federal and state background check
August 1 through June 30 (off during July), 7:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday (except school holidays), and occasional Saturday, early morning and/or evening hours according to required school events and per the current year Instructional Calendar