Middle School Instructor
Rocky Mountain Christian Academy is currently accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year for a middle school instructor.
This staff member’s role will assist the school in living out our community's mission statement:
Rocky Mountain Christian Academy is a classically-inspired school community where education is an Atmosphere, a Discipline, and a Life. We are dedicated to inspiring students to a lifelong passionate pursuit of truth, goodness, and beauty, and equipping them to impact their world for Christ.
In its 21st year of service to the north Front Range region, RMCA is an inter-denominational Christian day school that serves families with three educational programs: Early Education (ages 3 to 5 years), Elementary (grades K-5), and Middle School (grades 6-8). Find out more about the school at www.rmcaonline.org.
RMCA is a member of Ambleside Schools International (ASI), an association of schools across the world dedicated to providing a transformational Christian education through the vision and writings of British educator Charlotte Mason. ASI provides teacher training and instructional support for RMCA and her sister schools. Find out more at www.amblesideschools.com. RMCA is accredited through Accreditation International. Find out more at http://www.aiaccredits.org.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Supporting student growth in teaching assigned classes in a homeroom setting, including humanities, math, and science
- Supporting parents in their growth as educational leaders
- Serving with colleagues to grow our middle school culture
- Helping plan and lead in classes outside homeroom, including outdoor education and drama
- Celebrate and support the school community by participation and leadership in annual events
Job requirements include the following:
- Be in agreement with the school's Statement of Faith
- Be in agreement with the school's Christian, classical, and Ambleside philosophy of education
- Love children and their families
- Desire to use cultivate relationships with God, people and learning through music
- Have 3+ years experience in teaching (middle school preferred)
- Have a growth mindset for personal and professional growth
- Demonstrate a growing maturity in all relationships
- Be a role model of spiritual and academic ability and leadership
- Attend required professional development sessions for weekly meetings, campus in-services, Ambleside Schools training, and other opportunities
- Salary based on experience and fit for position
- Position includes 16-20 instructional hours, times to be determined in dialogue with teacher; position will include some time off each day in mornings/afternoons
- Benefits include tuition reduction and retirement matching; health insurance benefits apply to full-time positions (into which this position could change in the future)