Step One: Formalize the Relationship with ASI
- Notify ASI, in writing, of your desire to start an Ambleside Member School.
- Submit the Application for Member Schools.
- Formulate the school Vision and Mission Statements, informed by resources provided by ASI.
Step Two: Build the Tribe
- Begin a Charlotte Mason study group to recruit, strengthen, and unify the core group around a common vision.
- Consider using the videos and available study group materials to clarify the vision, to share it with others, to energize your people around a common purpose, to build excitement, and to share how your school will be unique.
- Invite others, beyond the core group, who may be interested in joining you.
- Spend time praying together for the school.
- Clarify the core team, those who are:
- emotionally and spiritually mature
- in agreement with Charlotte Mason's philosophy
- called to the mission of starting an Ambleside school
- knowledgeable of the Ambleside methods and practices
- willing to contribute time, talent, and treasure to the effort
Step Three: Commit to Start an Ambleside School
- Formalize, with both parties' concurrence, the partnership between your school and Ambleside Schools International.
- Execute a contract with ASI and pay the startup fee.
- Commit to a start date
- Familiarize yourself with the ASI Educator's Site.
- Ask ASI to register the domain name for the school.
- Launch a website and Facebook page informing the community of your vision.
- Meet with key constituents, including your board and your ASI contact, to assess:
- the work to be done
- a timeline for completion
- Determine the grades to be offered.
- Set the tuition.
Step Four: Begin Constructing the Foundation
- Consult with your ASI contact on a consistent basis. We suggest that we construct a time line of key benchmarks that you and your team can use to monitor your progress.
- Study other resources provided by your ASI contact.
- Among other items, these will include example applications for local incorporation, 501c(3), example bylaws, facility needs, and suggestions for board member selection.
- Address the five needs of an Ambleside School: leadership, teachers, location, students, financial provision.
- Note: It is not necessary to have all the needed resources in hand, but there should be a plan for all the needed provision and evidence that the plan is viable.
- Continue to work the plan you have developed.
Click the link to Stage Three: Preparing to Launch